Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Night

So we hosted an Oscar party last night. For the past few years, Astrid’s wanted to have an Oscar party. We’ve hemmed and hawed, so this year Astrid took matters into her own hands. While we were talking to the couple that live down the hall about my new car, Astrid said, “I can’t wait for Sunday, can you?” When they asked what was happening on Sunday, Astrid told them, “It’s the Oscars! Do you want to come over and watch it with us?” Then she did the same thing with the woman that always seems to be in the gym when she and Eliot go. And again when they ran into some friends on the street. So that makes 9 of us. It’s going to be cozy. I was sort of freaking out about what to make (I decided on vegetarian sushi) and having enough stuff to drink and Eliot kept saying that no one was going to show up anyway. We had said to come over around 6 and at 6:15, no one had come yet and Astrid was camped out by the door, almost in tears. Then suddenly everyone arrived at once, with desserts and wine, and we all had a wonderful evening. Thanks, Astrid! I love how social she is. She’s so different from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment